Homemade Italian Dressing
(Make about 1/2 cup)
This zesty homemade Italian dressing recipe is full of flavor and easy to make at home. Here’s how to make Italian dressing.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sugar
- 1 small garlic clove, grated (about 1/4 teaspoon) or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, dried thyme, and dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and maple syrup. Grate in the garlic clove, then whisk together with the oregano, thyme, basil, and kosher salt.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil, adding 1 tablespoon at a time and whisking until it incorporates, until an emulsion forms. Serve immediately. Store refrigerated and bring to room temperature before serving (keeps at least 2 weeks).
Favorite Chopped Salad
This chopped salad will amaze everyone around the table! Homemade Italian dressing, crisp veggies and Parmesan cheese combine into one extraordinary salad.
- 1 recipe Homemade Italian Dressing
- 1 Romaine heart (3 cups)
- 5 cups leafy lettuce
- 1 large shallot
- 1 English cucumber (2 cups chopped)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ripe green olives, halved
- 1/2 cup jarred sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup Parmesan shavings or shreds, plus more to serve
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
Chop romaine and lettuce. Thinly slice the shallot. Peel and chop cucumber. Slice tomatoes and olives in half.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the salad, including the dressing, and toss to combine. If making in advance, refrigerate the components separately; bring the dressing to room temperature before serving.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED
2. Mixing Bowl