Cheese Crepe Cake
This crepe cake is beautiful and delicious! This is the easiest 30 layer cake you'll make with 15 crepes and 15 layers of cream.
For the Crepes (makes 15 layers)
1/2 cup warm water
1 cup 2% milk
4 large eggs
4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted, plus more to sauté
1 cup all-purpose flour *measured correctly
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/8 tsp salt
For the Crepe Cake Frosting:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temp (16 Tbsp)
12 oz sweetened condensed milk (from a 14 oz can)
8 oz cream cheese softened at room temp
2 tsp vanilla extract
How to Make Crepes:
- In the bowl of a blender, add crepe ingredients in the order they are listed: 1/2 cup warm water, 1 cup milk, 4 eggs, 4 Tbsp melted butter, 1 cup flour, 2 Tbsp sugar and a pinch of salt. Blend until well combined, scraping down the blender with spatula if needed.
- Heat a medium (9-inch) non-stick pan over medium heat. Add a tiny dot of butter** and spread it around with spatula to lightly coat. Once butter is hot, add about 3 Tbsp of batter, or enough to lightly coat the bottom of the pan, swirling the skillet as you add the batter to evenly coat the bottom of pan. Sauté about 30 seconds per side or until lightly golden then flip using thin spatula and sauté another 30 seconds or until second side is golden. Flip crepe out onto a clean surface such as a cutting board and let layers cool to room temp before stacking.
- How to Make Crepe Cake Frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk, beat butter and condensed milk on high speed 7 min. It should look whipped and lightened in color.
- Add 8 oz of softened cream cheese 1 Tbsp at a time while mixing on medium high speed. Continue beating for 3 minutes or until no longer lumpy. Add 2 tsp vanilla and whisk until well incorporated and smooth. Some tiny lumps are ok and will not be noticeable in the cake.
Assembling the Crepe Cake
- Place first crepe layer onto serving platter and spread about 3 Tbsp or 1 ice cream scoop of frosting between each crepe layer, totaling 15 layers of crepes and 15 layers of cream.
- Refrigerate cake for at least 6 hrs or until frosting has firmed up (can be made 2 days ahead) - it will be much easier to slice after refrigeration and won't slide apart. To serve, dust with powdered sugar if desired and top with fresh berries.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED