Highly aromatic and deliciously spiced, this creamy, nutritious Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Soup with some crusty bread made such a comforting end to a hectic day.
Yield: 10-12 Servings
Prep time: 10 Min
Cook time: 30 Min
Additional time: 30 Min
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 7 cups fresh, baked, mashed, pumpkin
- 5 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas
- 1 15 oz can corn
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast your garlic head by cutting the top off it, placing it in some foil, sprinkling it with olive oil and baking it at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. When done, remove garlic from oven and foil and let cool until it can be handled.
- While garlic is cooling, add oil to a large, deep pan and place it over medium heat/flame. And when it's warm, add in the chopped onions. Sauté onions for about 10-12 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in the roasted garlic by squeezing the garlic pods out of the skin and stir. You don't have to worry about cutting these up as we will use an immersion blender to get everything smooth towards the end.
- Add in the ginger and stir well.
- Then add in the pumpkin, bone broth, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chili powder (if using) and stir well. Cover, and let simmer about 7 minutes or so.
- Uncover and add in the coconut milk and stir. Take off the stovetop.
- Using an immersion blender (or you could add soup to a food processor/blender) blend until it is creamy and smooth.
- Then, rinse and drain chickpeas and add them to the Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Soup
- Rinse and drain corn and add it to the Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Soup too.
- Sprinkle in the parsley and enjoy warm with some crusty bread and more roasted chickpeas.