CRANBERRY CRUSTED SALMON WITH ORANGE HOLLANDAISE
This luxurious salmon recipe will make an impressive addition to any festive dinner party
Serve : 4 people
Total time: 50 mins
Prep: 20 mins
Cooking: 30 mins
- 1 side of Scottish salmon skinned
- 150g breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 50g cranberries
- 5g sage, finely sliced
- For the hollandaise sauce:
- 250g butter
- 3 egg yolks
- Â½ a lemon (juice only)
- 1 orange (zest and juice)
- Finely dice the onions in a teaspoon of oil on a medium/low heat. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent. Add in the cranberries until they just start to soften.
- Add the butter until melted, now add the breadcrumbs and gently cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the finely sliced sage. Season and give the mix a good stir.
- Lay the salmon flat and cover the skinned side in the crust.
- Cook the salmon in a pre-heated oven to 200C and bake for 30 minutes until the crumb is golden.
- Meanwhile, to make the hollandaise: Melt 250g of butter in a saucepan along with the orange zest. Simmer the butter and remove any foam that has surfaced.
- Now whisk the 3 egg yolks to a thick consistency and slowly add in the hot melted butter whisking as you add to create a thick butter sauce, now add the juice of half a lemon and the juice of one large sweet orange.
- Season and garnished with asparagus and tomatoes with herbs then serve.